PLEASE NOTE: VFS SERVICE CENTERS MAY CHANGE OR ADD ADDITIONAL PROCESSES FROM TIME TO TIME. FOR A MORE COMPLETE AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION,
PLEASE VISIT: WWW.VFS-USA.CO.IN
· Obtain a photo that can be uploaded and meets form specifications.
· Access the form DS-160. Complete your DS-160 application online. Save often to your desktop! Answer questions as thoroughly as possible before submitting, as incomplete forms may not be accepted.
· Print the DS-160 barcode confirmation sheet at the end of the DS-160 application on a laser printer. After you have printed it, email the confirmation page to yourself so you have a backup copy. The file is a PDF file, so Adobe you will need Adobe Acrobat on your computer to open it.
· For Mumbai district applicants only: Drop off your required documents three working days prior to your appointment at a VFS center in Mumbai, Pune or Ahmadabad.
· For H (H-1B, H-3, H-4) and L (L-1, L-2) visa applicants applying at the Hyderabad Consulate General only: Applicants must submit documents only four working days in advance of their visa appointment date and if they wish to submit documents earlier it must not be more than five working days in advance of the visa appointment date at the VFS center in Hyderabad (in person only). There will be no exceptions to this rule. You may also take the help of a representative acting on your behalf, to submit the documents.The VFS office accepts documents from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Consulate General holidays. Please visit the website http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/advance _doc_submission2.html for information on the required documents. (Please note that BEP H and L visa applicants should follow the BEP procedure for the Hyderabad Consulate General.)
· Report for your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate fifteen minutes before your appointment. For Hyderabad Consulate please report one hour before your scheduled reporting time. Carry appropriate documents and follow security regulations. All applicants can find a list of documents under their visa type in the All About Visas - Non-Immigrant Visas section.